Perennial winner of Bicycling Magazine and the League of American Bicyclists Best Biking in America Awards. The Central Indiana Bicycling Association, Inc. (CIBA) is proud to sponsor the 42nd Annual Hilly Hundred Weekend, a classic bicycling event designed for the touring cyclists. If you like a bicycling challenge that includes entertainment and fellowship with more than 5,000 cyclists from over 40 states and several foreign countries, the Hilly is for you.
• This three day event is held in the scenic hills of southern Indiana.
• The challenging terrain is a wonderful mix of gently rolling country roads and breathtaking hills (literally).
• On Saturday riders will enjoy the brand new route we debuted in 2003. Riders will travel out of Ellettsville toward the great towns of Whitehall, Solsberry, Newark, New Hope and Pottersville. In addition, there are some hills and scenic vistas on this route that leave you breathless.
• On Sunday, riders will head out toward perennial favorite, Morgan-Monroe State Forest. Not to be overlooked is everyone’s favorite bragging hill, Mt. Tabor. A short route will be available.
• There is free food and live(ly) entertainment at each of three rest stops on both Saturday and Sunday.
• Attendance is limited so get your entry in early.
• As always, the Hilly is not a race, so come for a challenging tour but leave the racing gear at home.
• You must wear a bicycle helmet to participate in the ride.
Headquarters for the weekend is Edgewood High School, 601 S. Edgewood Drive, Ellettsville, Indiana. This is where the ride starts and finishes each day. A staggered start on both Saturday and Sunday morning is traditional.
Hilly Hundred Merchandise
• There’s something for everyone, but please pre-order because quantities for sale at the Hilly will be limited.
• Choose from t-shirts for adults or children, cycling jerseys in short-sleeve styles and sweatshirts.
• Great souvenirs ranging from the traditional patch and vest pin to attractive baseball and cycling caps.
• Notice: cycling caps will be available only as a pre-order item. If you want one, order it when you pre-register.
• As always, there will be a unique limited edition print created exclusively for the 2009 Hilly Hundred.
• Additional merchandise may be available. See the Merchandise page for photos of merchandise.
Great Food Available Saturday Morning, Saturday Afternoon and Sunday Morning
• These meals, prepared by the Edgewood High School Booster groups, are optional and require an extra charge.
• Early Saturday morning you will have the opportunity to fuel up at the school before tackling the day’s ride.
• Late Saturday afternoon there will be a mouth-watering dinner to help you recharge.
• Early Sunday morning you can begin the day with a hearty breakfast to energize you for the day’s challenges.
Camping Just Got Better! - Now Available Onsite and at a Nominal Charge
• Room is available for tent campers and RVs, although no hookups or conveniences will be provided for the RV campers.
• Camp fires and alcohol are not permitted on school grounds.
• Sleeping bag space is inside the school. Come and stay overnight with us inexpensively.
• Weekend-long shower privileges at the school will still be available to all participants at no additional charge.
• Bring your own towel.
Riders Under 18 Years of Age
Riders under the age of 18 need the approval of a parent or legal guardian as provided on the application. Riders under the age of 16 may participate in the Hilly only if accompanied by a bicycling parent or other responsible adult. Groups of underage riders must have additional adult supervision bicycling with them. Underage riders must be capable of finishing the route before 4:00 P.M.
Contact the Monroe County Convention and Visitor’s Bureau at 1-800-800-0037 or www.visitbloomington.com.
• If you are willing to work at least six hours, your registration fee, camping or sleeping space, meals and a Hilly Helper T-shirt are free upon request. Each volunteer must fill out the volunteer registration form. For additional information see the volunteer page.
• The volunteer application is not available online.
• If you plan to volunteer, please volunteer early so we can plan more effectively for the Hilly.
Central Indiana Bicycling Association (CIBA)
The 42nd Hilly Hundred Weekend is sponsored by the Central Indiana Bicycling Association, Inc. (CIBA) of Indianapolis, Indiana. CIBA is one of the largest and most active bicycle clubs in the United States. Additional information about CIBA may be obtained by visiting CIBA’s website at www.cibaride.org or by calling (317) 767-7765. Proceeds from the Hilly Hundred Weekend support CIBA activities, the CIBA Foundation, Inc. and the Indiana Bicycle Coalition, Inc. Hilly Hundred Weekend proceeds are also used to support the communities. All unused food is donated to a local food bank.
What Others Have Said About The Hilly Hundred Weekend
• “Best Overall Ride”, “Best Map”, and “Longest Running Annual Ride”- Bicycling Magazine and the League of American Bicyclists selected the Hilly Hundred Weekend as the recipient of these honors.